21 Jan Now is the time to check your child’s feet and shoes!
It’s a great time to remind all Victorians about proper podiatric care.
Your feet carry a lot of weight day in day out.
And people often forget how important it is to take good care of your feet.
- Has your child had a growth spurt over the summer?
- Do you know how to check your child’s shoes and what signs you should look for with foot problems?
Kid’s feet can grow up to 2 sizes within 6 months!
We must make sure their shoes are not only long enough but wide enough.
- Do you need to purchase new shoes for athletics, tennis, cricket or other summer sports? Do you know what to look for in a good shoe?
- Has your child complained of aches, pains or discomfort?
This can be caused by rapid growth, poor mechanics or inappropriate footwear. Have you noticed your child’s feet or knees turn in? Are they pigeon toed or do they have flat feet?
- Do they have warts (verruca), ingrown toenails or infections that need attention?
These things often go unnoticed when covered up by shoes and socks in winter. Now is the best time to deal with these before they start summer sports and activities.
If you have any questions or require any further information please contact local Melbourne Podiatrist Leah Waters for more tips and tricks.